Sunday, September 22, 2024

OCTOBER PROMO: SHOCKTOBER SHOWCASE!

 

Happy first day of fall! 

Like I said around this time last year, I've discontinued my Clayton's Creepy Cinema marathon of 31 horror movie reviews leading up to Halloween. Over the past ten Octobers, I've amassed over 300 (!) reviews, and they are all still in my back catalogue to be read or re-read. Sometimes I'll include links to previous reviews or essays in new posts throughout the year if they're relevant, but I always like producing new material about movies or shows you might not have heard of before, or maybe you have but you haven't thought about them in a long time. 

That is why, as one old tradition is brought to an end, a new tradition must be born!

Now that it's almost October, it's time to focus on the horror genre once again. 2024 will be the first-ever CCC's SHOCKTOBER SHOWCASE! 


Every Tuesday and Thursday there will be a new horror movie review or topic to be explored. In the first week of October I'll be exploring the cinematic history of a famous Scottish monster whose existence is still debated to this day. In the second week, there will be a new entry in my Just Stop Already! series, as well as a review for the sequel to a certain Thanksgiving slasher movie I reviewed in Year Six of Clayton's Creepy Cinema. Week three will be dedicated to exploring spooky TV shows from my childhood, and week four will continue with the TV topic, as well as feature a new entry in my ongoing Favourite Films series. There will also be a new entry in my Brief History of Cinema series on October 29th, and finally, a very special triple feature review on Halloween!

The countdown to October 31st lives on here at Clayton's Cinema Countdown, so be sure to check out Shocktober Showcase, starting next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment