CCC’S SHOCKTOBER SHOWCASE III: WOLF-ATHON!
For some reason, I seem to love werewolf movies, more than other classic monsters like vampires or ghosts or zombies. Ever since I started reviewing horror movies on my blog I’ve covered some of the all-time greatest examples, and I keep coming back to them time and time again, even though there aren’t that many truly excellent ones. On Christmas this year, one of my favourite directors currently working, Robert Eggers, is taking a crack at the hair-raising horrors of lycanthropy with Werwulf, which will hopefully mark a return to form for one of cinema’s greatest movie monsters, because it’s been a while since I’ve seen a truly great new example.
This year’s third Shocktober Showcase is going to be a deep dive into some lesser-known examples of werewolves in movies and more famous ones I still haven’t covered, ranging from the first werewolf movie ever made to a couple from just the past few years and everything in between. The full moon will rise this October with a marathon of werewolf reviews every weekend right up to Halloween—that’s every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with something special on October 1st to start off the month. It’s CCC’s Wolf-athon!
Any bloodthirsty readers who can’t wait to sink their teeth into some new reviews can chew on these werewolf movies I’ve reviewed in the past, including black-and-white classics and schlocky sleeper hits!
An American Werewolf in London (1981) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2014/10/an-american-werewolf-in-london-1981.html
Wolfen (1981) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2014/10/wolfen-1981-review.html
The Howling (1981) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-howling-1981-review.html
Silver Bullet (1985) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2014/10/silver-bullet-1985-review.html
Ginger Snaps (2000) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2017/10/ginger-snaps-2000-review.html
Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed (2004) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2018/10/gingers-snaps-2-unleashed-2004-review.html
Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (2004) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2018/10/gingers-snaps-back-beginning-2004-review.html
Wolf (1994) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2021/10/wolf-1994-review.html
Dog Soldiers (2002) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2021/10/dog-soldiers-2002-review.html
Trick ‘r Treat (2007) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2023/10/trick-r-treat-2007-review.html
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2017/10/what-we-do-in-shadows-2014-review.html
The Wolf Man (1941) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/the-wolf-man-1941-review.html
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/frankenstein-meets-wolf-man-1943-review.html
House of Frankenstein (1944) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/house-of-frankenstein-1944-review.html
House of Dracula (1945) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/house-of-dracula-1945-review.html
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/abbott-and-costello-meet-frankenstein.html
Underworld (2003) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/underworld-2003-review.html
Underworld: Evolution (2006) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/underworld-evolution-2006-review.html
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/underworld-rise-of-lycans-2009-review.html
Underworld: Awakening (2012) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/underworld-awakening-2012-review.html
Underworld: Blood Wars (2016) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2022/10/underworld-blood-wars-2016-review.html
The Wolfman (2010) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-wolf-man-2010-review.html
Wolf Man (2025) Review: https://cccmovies.blogspot.com/2025/10/wolf-man-2025-review.html

.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment