Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Welcome to Clayton's Critical Countdown! (CCC)

Hello internet world.
In today's society, movies are everywhere we look. There are new releases in theaters every week. Movies are on TV, Netflix, even our cellphones and other electronic devices. There have been roughly 25,000 films released in theaters since 1927. Include all the straight-to-video movies, made for TV movies, every miniseries, all those documentaries, and the numbers become even more staggering. With so much access to so many titles, it can be difficult to choose. It can be impossible to choose anything sometimes. Which movies cater to your interests, your tastes, your preferences? Which ones are worth your time, and which should be skipped?
I calculated that I spend around 312 hours of each year watching movies. That's a very rough estimate using the average that I watch four films per week, each one around 90 minutes. To some of you that may seem like a lot, and to others that might be a drop in the bucket. Either way, if you need some advice on movies, are interested in filmmaking like I am, or just want some entertaining reading about movies, then Clayton's Critical Countdown is the place for you!
I mainly do top ten and top five lists of movies from various genres in varying categories. I also do the odd film review, as well as other movie related writing such as Vs. articles (ex. old vs. new), movie predictions for upcoming films, and more.
I also accept requests for top ten lists. If any get enough requests, I'll do them. I also watch a lot of television, so expect some lists to be about TV shows as well. It's worth noting that, while I do watch a wide variety of films from every genre and time period, my own preference tends toward the science fiction, horror, and action genres, so if you absolutely hate anything with robots, aliens, any kind of monster, superheroes, set in another time or on another world, or anything like that, then this probably won't be the reading material for you. If you DO enjoy all those things and more, you are in luck.
I hope you enjoy reading about my own humble opinions on movies, both good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment