Friday, September 16, 2016

OCTOBER PROMO: CREEPY CINEMA 3!


Hello readers! 

That time of year is rapidly approaching once again, the month where evil permeates the cold fall air, and there's no better time to watch scary movies.

Two years ago, I started Clayton's Creepy Cinema, inspired by James Rolfe of Cinemassacre, who has reviewed 31 horror movies in the month of October for ten years in a row. 

This year, Cinemassacre's Monster Madness, sadly, comes to an end, so make sure you check it out at
http://cinemassacre.com/

But Clayton's Creepy Cinema continues! The first year had weekly themes, and last year, the theme was Natural Horror (otherwise known as Animal Attack or Animal Amock or Killer Creatures or whatever the hell you want to call it)

This year, it's not just a theme. 

I'm dedicating the month of October to one of the greatest, most-important horror writers of all-time.

Of course, I'm talking about none other than the Master of Horror himself...




  


Thirty one reviews on movies written by, directed by, or inspired by the works of

STEPHEN KING!

Not only is this a tribute to one of my favourite writers, I have an objective with this year's Creepy Cinema.

Stephen King movies often get a bad wrap and the notion that "most of the movies based on his books suck" is a common one.

But why? 

There are so many good movies, I'm willing to bet there are as many good ones as bad ones, if not more good ones. 

So, I combed through them all, going as far back as the mid-70's when the first movie based on his first novel came out, all the way up to 2016, and I even peppered in some TV movies/mini-series for good measure, so there's a wide variety, and we will see what the ultimate consensus is on the King of Horror's movie adaptations.

But as I said above, I'm also looking at movies King himself wrote (and even one he directed), dredging up some of the more obscure ones...many of which I had never seen before.

So tune in this October to get  better acquainted with the movies of Stephen King, in CLAYTON'S CREEPY CINEMA: KING-ATHON!

See you in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment