Friday, September 17, 2021

OCTOBER PROMO: CREEPY CINEMA YEAR 8

 

Welcome back, everyone, to the annual fall event on Clayton's Cinema Countdown: it is almost time once again for Clayton's Creepy Cinema!

For readers who may be new to my blog this year, here's what Creepy Cinema is all about. Every October I count down to Halloween by reviewing a horror movie each day of the month. This will mark the eighth year I've done this, and I honestly cannot believe I've been able to stick with the tradition for this long. It's no big secret that I begin working on watching the movies and writing the reviews long before October rolls around. This past summer was a particularly busy one for me, and for a while there it seemed like I might not be able to complete all the reviews in time, but I've managed to pull it off yet again. 

The last few years have had some fun themes, with Sequel-a-Thon in 2018, a hodge podge of schlock in 2019, and a whole month of killer animals for the second time last year. This year, there is no theme. The reviews are going to be completely random. I'm going to instantly contradict myself though and specify that there will be some consistency, and with purpose. 

Because the world was so neglected of new movies for over a year, it felt appropriate to focus on more recent horror films, and dedicate some days of Creepy Cinema 2021 to ones that have come out this year or the year before. Normally I look at older films with one or two newer ones thrown in, but this year every Friday will feature a new horror film. I'm also going to be doing more entries in my Favourite Films Series, with every Tuesday featuring favourite horror films of mine, and I'll be covering other classics from the genre on some other days, too. 

As always, the marathon begins October 1st, and continues all the way up to October 31st. See you in a couple weeks!  


No comments:

Post a Comment