Friday, September 2, 2022

FALL UPDATE: CCC List #90 & Creepy Cinema Year 9 Announcement!

 

Hello, dear readers! Normally I save my fall update/October promo/whatever terminology you want to use for closer to the end of September, but since I have an announcement in addition to the preview for this year's Creepy Cinema marathon (which I am way ahead of schedule on completing) I thought I would deliver the update sooner than later! 

First of all, a big thank-you to anyone who has ever taken time out of their day to read my babbling and ranting and raving about movies in this virtual space. I have continued to run this blog because I love writing and I love movies and it has often given me the motivation I need to keep writing fiction, or gotten me out of an emotional hole when I need to focus on something positive, or filled my spare time in a productive way. If you are reading this and are one of the people out there who has read my blog before, I just want you to know I appreciate it. And, an even bigger thank-you to those who have continued to read Clayton's Cinema Countdown as the years have gone by. I strive to keep it fresh and entertaining, improve my writing, and listen to feedback. 

The reason I'm being all thankful is because a little milestone snuck up on me: the next CCC list will be my ninetieth list! I know I've only written four countdown lists in the past two years, but when I first started this blog, writing those lists was my primary focus, and I originally aimed to write one every week! It was a totally unrealistic goal, even for someone who wasn't a university student (which I was at the time). But even though I found greater interest in writing reviews and diversifying into other formats, I always liked to come back around to the countdown lists from time to time, and now all these years later I'm only ten away from the big one-hundredth list!  

For CCC Issue #90 I wanted to do something unique and (hopefully) interesting, but also something that felt significant. I didn't want it to just be another countdown list, so I came up with a topic I haven't seen done before and am currently close to finishing the first draft. Expect to see it on the blog sometime in the next week or so, and I hope it's an enjoyable read!

As for Clayton's Creepy Cinema, the annual fall event will be happening once again! Just like for the past eight years, I will be celebrating the month of October and counting down to Halloween by reviewing 31 horror movies, one review every day of the month. Unlike last summer, I had more free time leading up to this fall, so I am once again revisiting a theme from a previous year. In 2020 I did a month of killer animal movies for the second time, and in 2022, I will be doing another whole month of...

 

Sequels!

2018 was my first Sequel-a-Thon, which included sequels from seven different franchises. This year, the sequel to Sequel-a-Thon will explore all entries in six different franchises over the course of the month, with in-depth coverage of movies that are classic, scary, funny, silly, and completely insane! 

Clayton's Creepy Cinema begins on October 1st and continues all the way up to October 31st. Until then, take care, readers, and get ready for spooky sequel month! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment